Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Happy New Year

I didn't make it to midnight. I didn't make it to 10pm.
Beth and I went to dad's for breakfast this morning and then on to the store.
Lucy laid quietly at the front door. We were going to leave her at home but she wasn't having any of it. She ran and got her leash.
We have slat wall hanging in the hallway.
I quickly put some hooks up. This will be rearranged tomorrow.
We couldn't find Lucy for a few minutes. Somehow she got herself wedged between the baskets and was lying quietly.
This is what you will see when you walk in the front door. I quickly put up skeins while dad and Beth were changing light bulbs. Right now the companies are hanging in columns. From left to right
-GarnStories
-Qing
-Long Dog
-Life in the Long Grass (just the start)

When I starting hanging the yarn I had to make a decision. Hang by colour or company. I opted for company because some people want all their skeins to be from the same dyer. This is a personal preference. These are all Singles so they can be mixed together in a garment. I have a feeling I will be at work early tomorrow morning to play more with the wall.

I took this picture after I locked the front door.
Dad couldn't reach the outside light so he backed the truck up. He still couldn't reach so he's standing on a step stool that is sitting on his tailgate. Maybe not the best work place safety idea.

I sat and knit all afternoon. I made it to the seventh wedge (the second wedge of fading).
When we were at the store this morning I picked up a few more skeins of GarnStories. I wasn't happy with my third colour. The second colour has become the third colour and I added a new number two. I really like how the colours are working out. The pattern is very addictive. It is repetitive so you don't have to keep reading. I could sit and knit for a few more hours but Lynn and Alex won't be happy working with me tomorrow if I do.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: