Thursday, February 15, 2018

Brickless

Diana was in last night with a sample for the store. I love the colours. They really show off the fair isle pattern.
Pattern: Oraefi (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade 220
Body and sleeves are worked in the round from lower edge to underarms, then joined to work the yoke in the round. Round begins on left side of body. On yoke, round begins on left side of body back where body joins sleeve. The garment is shaped at the waist and the body is made longer on the back side than the front side before the yoke is knitted.
This was Diana's message to tell me that the sweater was finished.
The sweater you asked me to knit is finished. You were right - no seams to sew! The sweater turned out well. I played chicken with the main colour and ended up with less than a meter left. In the words of my husband… it looks retro but in a good way!
I needed to find her a new project. I knew that the yarn was going to be Girandola - the newest yarn from Louisa Harding for spring. Then it hit me. Brickless. The pattern is purchased on Ravelry.
Berlin in Winter is colder than most other big German cities – when travelling there, a big, cozy shawlette like this will come in handy! The beautiful colors are reminiscent of bright city lights in dark winter nights. The shape of the shawlette is an asymmetrical, long triangle, formed by rows that are getting longer and longer as you go. They are worked in different simple, but very effective patterns that make them look a little like a skyline of tall houses. These skyscrapers are not built with bricks, but concrete and steel – hence the name, „Brickless“. And also: No more bricks in the wall that used to divide Berlin.
 We've knit the shawl a few times for the store. This is Mrs. Crosby Steamer Trunk.

Mrs. Crosby Carpet Bag.
We used 4mm needles for both samples. Steamer Trunk has a bit more body and Carpet Bag drapes. I'm going to ask Diana to use 4mm with the Girandola. This is a great scarf because you can keep knitting if you have more yarn or end whenever you run out of yarn.
Lynn used Carpet Bag for her Brickless.

Lilli Pilli is at the halfway point. I was up way too late last night and way too early this morning but I'm back on track. I'm very tired this evening and want to head to bed. My coach (aka my father) tells me that I need to stay up for a bit and knit. What a slave driver.

No comments: