Saturday, March 15, 2014

Many, many boxes

Dad - we miss you. The back yard is full of boxes. By the time you get home the snow should be melted and you can get into the yard. Definitely more than one trip to drop them off where they are recycled.

We're doing a bit of straightening today. Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk is a mess. The skeins are very pretty but once you touch them they come apart. We've been debating what to do. We could hang them but they still undo.

Something hit me.
They are looking much prettier in their baskets now. You might not see the difference in the picture but we knotted the skeins and now they sit much better.



Kim came in wearing a very pretty new shawl.

Pattern: Browned-Eyed Susan from the book Juju's Loops. We have the book on order and it should be here in a couple of weeks.

Yarn: tosh merino light
After work Beth and I made a trip to Red Red Bobbin in Brantford for more fabric. We don't have enough pillows in our sun room in Myrtle Beach and we wanted to get the fabric before it is gone. Now I can take the fabric with me and mail it to Atlanta. Of course I bought some more Kaffe Fassett fabric while I was there. Now I really need to start quilting again. Once the Frolic is done I'm going to get back to it!

Now it's time for Damages and knitting.

No comments: