Monday, October 15, 2012

Blast from the Past


I couldn't stop myself. There is another Linen Stitch scarf on the needles. This one will be 2 skeins each of three colours with an extra 50 stitches.

This one is tosh dk
-grenadine
-composition book grey
-earl grey
Last Sunday our friend Lynda was over and started talking about a sweater that I had knit her almost 30 years ago. Her daughter went through her closet and found it. Now Jess won't take it off. I asked them to send me a picture of her wearing it. In true Jess fashion she hammed it up for the camera. :)


We have a new scarf yarn in the store called Cameo. One skein will make a scarf.

What a way to dress up a jean jacket.

We knit this the same way as we did the Oasis scarf I showed last week.

Did you watch The Amazing Race last night? Why do teams proclaim that they are better than the other teams they are racing against? It never fails-that team goes home.

Revenge is taped-we had baseball, football and X-Factor to watch.

Jane is working in the store today. When I got there this morning she had already made a big dent in getting the boxes from Woodstock unpacked and the yarn put back on the shelves. We got the garments rehung and most of the yarn put away. The last bit is in boxes because I'm going to move a few things around in the store. Surprise, Surprise!! Now I'm home and supposed to be doing some accounting. Instead I am knitting but don't tell anyone. The TV is on and I just finished watching The Y and R. Summer is old enough to drive? It wasn't too long ago that she was three and couldn't talk.

It is a fall day out there. Windy. Rainy. Dreary. I'm going to put the fireplace on and get some more rows done on my scarf.

2 comments:

ana said...

that's a great sweater, definitely stands the test of time!

Lois Evensen said...

Your vintage sweater looks so Scandi. :) Nice!