Thursday, October 04, 2012

addi-Art Diamond

I'm sorry to say that I hadn't heard of this (I like to think that I am on top of things) but there is a special needle coming from Addi.
The buzz generated from our recent social media blast has been tremendous! The addi-Art 'Diamond' is sure to be on every knitter's holiday shopping list this year. Unique in all respects, the limited edition needle was handcrafted with great patience and care. This once in a lifetime creation features a visible core of genuine Swarovski crystals which twinkle and dance in celebration of every stitch you knit. The construction of a needle this special required the utmost attention to detail. Thus, for a single day in the fall of 2012, addi devoted their daily production to focus all efforts on this individual item. Keeping with addi's hands-on tradition of manufacturing, each individual Swarovski crystal was painstakingly placed into the heart of every needle. The final product gently blurs the line between form and function, constructing a piece of art, with purpose. 

The addi-Art Diamond is a 32" US 15 (80cm - 10mm)
Retail Price $98

These should be in the store sometime in November.
Look to the horizon, as the addi team continues to allow their artistic creativity to inspire additional addi-Art designs. Each design will be released in a different size, resulting in a full set of limited edition needles.
Mr. Canada Post was here when I arrived this morning with a big, heavy box from Blue Sky Alpacas. The Royal Petites and patterns have arrived.


I just talked to my dad. He loves to watch The Weather Channel. He said that they had snow in Manitoba this morning - 20cm. Ouch. He went on to say that there could be snow this weekend in Northern Ontario. Thanks dad. This got me thinking of a cosy sweater to snuggle up in. I found it!

Marsh
Knit this real snugly, oversized jumper with a funnel neck detail for a perfect winter warmer.
The sweater is knit in Rowan Colourspun and you can download the free pattern on Rowan's website... 

I hit the 4" mark on the Linen Stitch Scarf last night. We watched Big Break, Food Truck Race and Survivor. They are going to be down to two tribes soon-the blue tribe is an absolute mess.

I didn't get any knitting done today but hope to move upstairs now and get to it. Grey's Anatomy and The X Factor. I'm not familiar with Demi (I listen to music from the 70s and 80s) but she is great on the show.

No comments: