Sunday, May 06, 2012

Fall Yarns

My morning started early so that I could get on the road to Toronto. The first stop was Estelle Designs. Estelle was the first company I bought yarn from when I opened 25 years ago. They brought us Frillseeker and have many new scarf yarns coming for fall. This is Cameo


There are many more scarf yarns coming but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

It's always fun going to Open Houses because I get to see other yarn store owners that I haven't seen in a while. Mary from Mary's Yarns in Unionville, Louise from LK Yarns in Halifax and Beth from Les Lainages du Petit Mouton in Montreal. These are just a few-there were many more.

Louise and I went from Estelle to Diamond to see more goodies.

Debbie Bliss

Eight new colours of Paloma. I'm liking these a lot. I don't have a Paloma sweater but will be finding one to knit.
 Angel will be available in 12 printed colours.
Winter Garden is a new yarn.  I really like the look of it. I'm seeing lots of new sweaters in my future!!
-8 colours
-30% merino, 30% baby llama, 20% linen and 20% silk
-10 stitches = 4"

There are new colours of Cashmerino Baby, Angel, Party Angel, Riva...

Noro

 Silk Garden has 8 new colour.
 Kureyon has 8 new colours as well. These will work great in my Log Cabin Afghan.
Shade cards for new Noro yarns (there are two) and new colours of existing yarns. Unfortunately they didn't have any pictures of the magazines that will be coming for fall.

This is just a small sample of yarns that will be coming. Normally the yarns start arriving late July and throughout August.

I also picked up a new scarf yarn. Spectra from Rozetti. One ball will make a scarf
Spectra opens into a lacy web with a fun row of bubbles along the edge!
It was many stops ago that I got this yarn-I think there are 6 colours.

I also picked up some colours of Ondas and Triana

Ondas

-purple
-teal/green

Triana

-grey/black
-fuchsia
-green/denim

The next stop was Crate and Barrel. I'm always on the lookout for something that mom and dad might need for their house. I didn't find anything for them but did get some things for me. Then onto Square One for more Lush.

I came home and it was a busy sports afternoon-Nascar, hockey, baseball and golf. I started knitting with the Spectra. Hopefully I can get it done tonight while watching the finale of The Amazing Race. I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Brenden and Rachel. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, some interesting stuff. I love playing with different types of yarns.