Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Flowers

I took this picture before leaving home this morning. The flowers in front of our house are starting to bloom. They must be wondering what they are doing waking up so early.

My mom called this afternoon to tell me that one of the quilt shops she receives newsletters from has the new Kaffe Fassett quilt fabric for spring in. I looked and it was very hard but I decided not to order any. There is a package in Myrtle Beach that mom and dad will be bringing home for Cathy. She is finishing a quilt and needed the fabric for backing. She couldn't find the fabric locally (she did look in her local quilt shops) so we ordered it and had it shipped to Myrtle. We had to spend a few more dollars to get free shipping so there is some Kaffe fabric for me in the box. I need to go through what I have before I order anything new.

There is another reason.
I can't believe I don't own this pattern. I love these. Sarah found the pattern for me in England and will be bringing it home over Easter.

Then I started thinking that Amy must have new fabric for spring. There aren't new fabric patterns but her original fabrics are coming back. I didn't know Amy when these were released so they are new to me.

Gypsy Caravan is being released in April

There could be some Gum Drop Pillows in my future
The vest is progressing. I should have been paying closer attention to my knitting and not to quilting fabric though. I started another square and it ended up going in the wrong direction. Lucky for me I could rotate my squares and start working in another direction and no one will ever know.
Customers ask if they have to block your work. Take a look at my vest-I will be blocking it so that the squares are square. When the blocking is done it will look like I am a perfect knitter. Don't tell anyone that I'm not. :)

There is a long night ahead of me. The ladies should be arriving for class soon. Then Survivor and American Idol. Fingers crossed there will be new Revenge and Criminal Minds as well.

No comments: