Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gnarled Oak is done

I'm wearing Gnarled Oak today. Beth took a couple of pictures quickly before work. When I say quickly I really mean it. The dogs were already in her truck and she took two pictures before throwing the phone at me and driving off.

When I got to work I was afraid that I would be too warm but the weather has turned cold this afternoon. What happened to summer?



I need to block the front bands but I was so excited about it being done that I wore it anyway.

The grafting last night took longer than I thought. I know that you graft with the right side facing out but I started it with the right sides together. Only 5 stitches were done but it still meant picking back. There were a few bad words being thrown around.

My afternoon has been spent on the Frolic. I finally started my list of what we are taking. Then it was time to contact a few suppliers with emergency orders. I'm out of a few patterns to make kits.



When I was looking on Ravelry I saw this for the Frolic. I need to find out who did this so that they can make banners for us. What a great job.

We sent out a newsletter this morning. If you didn't receive it you can view it here.

Knitting class tonight and then Survivor and American Idol. I can't say I was sad to see Colton leave Survivor last week but it would have been better if he had been voted out. That kid thought very highly of himself. I'm not sure how I feel about this season of Idol. Normally there is a favourite by now and I'm not sure there is this season.

Beth brought me dinner so I'm staying at work before class. I now have an hour by myself to knit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You did awesome Julie and the colour is absolutely perfect on you!!!

Anonymous said...

Your sweater is beautiful!!!

Michelle B said...

Wow Julie!! That is beautiful and the colour is perfect on you.

Candice said...

Love it! Purple is so great.

life ldc said...

Lovely sweater Julie - it looks wonderful - love the colour - it's you!