Saturday, February 11, 2012

Myrtle Beach

Yesterday was a really long day. I taught knitting on Thursday night at it was 10 before I was in bed. The alarm went off at 1:30 for me to get up and onto the airport. Everything went well and I was at the airport way too early. Much better than being too late. :) The important things got accomplished yesterday. I understand the alarm system now. It is totally different than the one we have in the store. Our phone line was out as well so it got fixed. We had a faulty part. I want to say that Horry County Telephone is an amazing company to deal with. I called them that the phone was out and within an hour it was fixed. That doesn't happen at home. Sometimes you are waiting days for the telephone repair man. We deal with them for cable and Internet as well. Everyone is pleasant and if you have a problem they are at your house right away.

Madelinetosh Honey Cowl
Free pattern at madelinetosh.com
2 skeins tosh dk
smokey orchid

It was around 5 when everything was done and I was very tired. Having a nap wasn't an option because then I would be up all night. I jumped in the truck and started running errands including a stop at Best Buy for Criminal Minds season one. When I got home I sat on the couch and watched three episodes while knitting. I have a lot of yarn with me and want it all knit before I go home.

You would think that I would have been tired this morning. I woke at 6 and tried to go back to sleep. At 7 I got out of bed and watched another episode of Criminal Minds and knit. Then shopping. More towels and glasses. Then some cosmetic things for the house. A basket for the upstairs bathroom to hold toilet paper. A jug that will go above the kitchen cupboards but I can't reach-a chore for dad when he comes back.

This is the wall unit I bought on my last trip but haven't seen it in the house. Mom and dad are on the lookout for pottery for the shelf and for above the kitchen cabinets. They like driving around trying to find things.

My dad was let loose with a chain saw and he cleared away trees between our house and the golf course. This is the view from the back deck.

If you look the other way on the deck you can see across the road to another hole.

Hopefully I can get some golf in on Monday. Tomorrow it is supposed to be cold. Not as cold as at home but too cold to be on a golf course.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely day.... The view of the golf course is great. I have a friend who has a similar view from the balcony. She says once in awhile a stray golf ball finds its way through the cut in the trees. No broken glass - yet.

All the best from sunny and COLD Port Canaveral,
Lois