Monday, October 10, 2011

Sand and Sea

This morning I hauled Beth's butt out of bed early so that we could head to Balls Falls. It was the annual Thanksgiving Weekend Craft Show. The only reason she agreed to come was to find gnomes for the yard in Myrtle Beach.

We didn't come home with a gnome but we do have a troll. The decision was hard-there were many good ones.

Getting up that early took a toll on me. We got home and I had an afternoon nap. A nap that lasted four hours. I guess I was a little bit behind on my sleep.

Sand and Sea from Coastal Knits
A light and lacy, crescent-shaped shawlette that drapes beautifully over your shoulders. Sand and Sea is knit from the top down in one piece. The curved shaping is created by the use of short rows.

Finished Measurements
Length: approx 48" / 122cm from end to end
Width: approx 12" / 31cm at widest point of center, including border

Yarn
250 yds / 225m of lace weight yarn, such as Malabrigo Lace and 125 yds / 115m of fingering weight yarn such as Malabrigo Sock or Madelinetosh Tosh Sock. 
Coastal Knits is supposed to be shipped from the US later this week. I won't put in on the website until the book arrives but you can contact me to hold a copy for you. I don't know what I will do once I have shown all the pictures. They are great and make the blog look very pretty.

Beth is sitting beside me writing a blog post. She is going to share her holiday desert 'recipes'. I would love a cookie. Maybe she will go to the store to buy the ingredients tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Coastal Knits comes before the Woodstock Fleece Festival and you can bring copies there.

Anonymous said...

I love your troll! If I didn't collect teddy bears and have two victorian looking stone ones for my balcony already, I would consider one. I can't look at it without smiling! Cheers, Wanda

Julie said...

I hope the book arrives in time for the show as well. If not I can ship it to you.

Julie said...

Beth loves her troll too. He is sitting on our kitchen counter looking at her now.