Friday, February 19, 2010

Revive

Here is another two day post.  I started writing yesterday but got busy and thought I would finish when I got home.  My car made a small detour on the way home to the nail shop.  Now I have nicely painted, good lucking nails again.  I walked in the door, had dinner and moved upstairs to knit.

I have been knitting as much as possible at work.  Unfortunately I decided that the store needed to be 'Springed Up' so I have been busy moving everything around and putting spring garments out.  This is going to take a few days yet but should be done next week.

We received a shipment from Handmaiden and Fleece Artist this week.

Sea Silk-70% silk and 30% Seacell.
There are 400m on a 100gram skein.  One skein will make a scarf or two skeins for a shawl.

Mini Maiden
50% silk and 50% wool
500m on a 100gram skein

Three different Rovings were in the box as well.

A special box from Rowan was waiting for me when I got to work.  This is Shallot knit in the new Rowan recycled yarn-Revive.

I considered making this for my Olympic project.  It looks cute in the book and even better in person.

Here is a close up of the stitch pattern.

How about Survivor?  I am loving the Villains.  Boston Rob and Russell.  This is going to get interesting!!

And then there was that hockey game last night.  Wow.  Canada came very close to blowing that.

The back of my sweater is done and I am about an inch up the front.  My battery is about to die so I am going to sign off for now and knit.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that Rowan sweater. I may just have to come up and see it in person.

Irene said...

great looking yarn.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You're carrying Sea Silk??? Crap... there goes all that money I was going to save....