Monday, March 17, 2008

Knitting progress

I actually have some knitting to report. The knitting on my Jane Thornley shawl is done. I am now crocheting around it. I hope to get most of it done tonight-fingers crossed.

The past week in the store has been very busy-no complaining-but that takes away from knitting and blogging time.

I have exciting news-we are now carrying Classic Elite yarns. Right now we have three yarns in stock-Alpaca Sox, Premiere and Soft Linen. More yarns will be coming for fall (when I find more room in the store.) Lynda is knitting The Feather and Fan cardigan out of Soft Linen for a store sample.

A new shipment came in today of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks. Unpacking all these amazing colours is starting to get to me. I might have to take some and knit it while away in Chicago next week. In skeins we received
-Edgewater
-Pilsen
-Apple Hill
-Huron
-Fresh Stipe
-Irving Park

In kits we received
-Newtown
-Neon
-Pine
-Cranberry
-Pink Blossom
-Turquoise
-Edgewater
-Butterscotch
-Hawaii
-Lilac
-Bittersweet
-Tuscany
-Cool
-Sandridge
-Irving Park
-Charcoal
-Iris Garden
-Watercolor
-Forest

A shipment of Dream in Color Baby arrived Friday afternoon. Unfortunately they are out of the yarn until May so we couldn't get all the colours we wanted. We have about 12 different colours in stock with about 15 more coming in May. Jane finished the shawl and brought it to work today. It is beautiful but I am having her block it once more to make it a bit longer. She was afraid to overblock it but I think the bigger the better.

I have set up an assembly line in the basement for making kits for the Tulip Cardigan. We roll the skein into a ball and then measure off the smaller amounts needed and roll into a smaller ball. We know there must be a better way but can't think of one. We have tried some different things but ended up wasting yarn. The dogs and I are off to roll more yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that sweater and dreamed that I could knit it. I hope you do!!!