Monday, February 27, 2006

I am on a role

Now that Zarah is done it is time to complete some of my other projects. I have picked up my Vision Coat from Sally Melville's Book 2: The Purl Stitch- using Trendsetter's Dune in colour 82 plum/rust with pastel golds. So far the back, both sleeves and one front are done. The other front is at the armhole shaping. Should get some knitting done tonight-The Apprentice starts and then The Amazing Race tomorrow night.

I am on a role. While watching movies on Saturday night I started my hedgehog. He got finished during closing ceremonies and yesterday's Nascar race. Here he is unfelted. I needed to stuff him with something so that he would sit on table so I grabbed the closest thing-4 balls of Rowan Kid Silk Haze-boy does he have a happy tummy. Before I can do the felting I need to buy some stuffing (you stuff him to dry so that he keeps his shape and then put in new stuffing when it is dry).

My mom couldn't get a comment posted on the blog so she sent me an email-

Congratulations, you have won the finishing trophy. I don't remember the last time you sewed in your own ends.
Your prize is a four-day trip for you and your sister to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with lodging and golf privileges included. Hugs.

She can't wait for us to get to Myrtle Beach. We can keep dad busy and let her have a rest. He is a going concern-up at 7am and no sitting around for the rest of the day. It will be like a vacation for her.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Nice choice for the hedgehog! Valerie will be so proud. I will start mine tonight.

Unknown said...

Just don't forget to un-stufff him before you felt him!!! lol

Let you mom know that I finished too and I'm willing to go golfing - I'm guaranteed to make almost anyone look like a better player.