Friday, February 13, 2009

Norah

A shipment arrived this morning from Berroco including the much awaited Norah Gaughan Volume 4. Preview the book..

One of the hardest things for us to order for the store are buttons. I can order blue but it might be the wrong shade or I can order red but they are the wrong size. A parcel came yesterday of some wooden buttons from One World Buttons that are hand made in Nepal. There are five different sizes and six different styles. These are perfect for hand knit garments. One World doesn't have the buttons on their website and I tried to take some pictures but they didn't look good-trust me though, these are great buttons.

Customers have been looking for some patterns from Blue Sky Alpacas-the following just arrived

  • Baby Bobbi Bear
  • Leafy Beret
  • Knit Chickens

I hope to have these on the website soon.


Mom and Dad made a quick phone call to Beth this morning from Vancouver. Their flight from Honolulu was late and they missed their flight home. Air Canada put them on the next flight but their trip is now an hour longer-not good for those who don't travel well. This is the first time they have flown on the red eye so it will be interesting to see how they are when they land.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Hi Julie,

Hi to your Mom and Dad. I'm glad they had such a nice trip.

I watched Hell's Kitchen last night because I've heard you talking about it so much. Holy Mackeral! Now you've got me hooked. Looks like last night was a repeat?

Thanks a lot for getting me hooked. I nearly split a side when that one lady said she also teaches manners.