Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Potlucks

Box one arrived this morning. It was so heavy that Ms. Canada Post couldn't carry it into the store. The three new Potlucks in Skinny Singles are amazing.

The second box is still in Customs. I hope they release it soon. Please.

Sarah has been knitting away on her Comfort Fade Cardi. I think I might need one in grey too.

Our TNNA order from Spincycle Yarns should be leaving Washington State this week.
Introducing our newest yarn, Dream State! We've been dreaming of a worsted weight, and now it's here. 
Our mill is located on Queen Street in Bellingham, Washington, and runs full time. We dye in-house as well, in the same fashion we used to dye when we were handspinning. Our pots are bigger, though! Because we dye the fiber before it's spun, colors meet and part ways in stunning, unique combinations; the overall effect is of a balanced, seamless whole. 
The color transitions are slow and dramatic, and each skein is unique. When planning larger projects requiring more than one skein, allow for nuance. 
worsted weight // 100% superwashed American Wool // 150 yards per skein // hand wash or machine wash cold, lay flat to dry // suggested gauge: 4.5 sts per inch on US #7 // MADE IN THE USA FROM SHEEP TO SKEIN
I can't wait to receive Dream State. 8 colours will be coming.


Rachel from Spincycle Yarns knit Tensho (pattern purchased on Ravelry). She used one skein of Dream State for all the colourwork.
Lynn is thinking of making Humulus (pattern purchased on Ravelry) using Dream State for the yoke. Hmm. Has me thinking about a store sample.


We had dinner with my dad's Uncle Bert tonight. Swiss Chalet (can't go wrong with that) and then back to his condo. He is an artist and does a lot of painting. He wanted Beth and I to pick out one of his pictures for our house. We picked three. He was so excited that we are going to hang them.

I finished the first sleeve on my Comfort Fade Cardi last night. I'm tired tonight so I don't think I should start the other sleeve. It might be better to work on something that is already on needles.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, my how beautiful! That's my yarn fix. *sigh*