Monday, April 16, 2018

Summer is coming?

I was going back through the blog looking for something and came across a post featuring this pattern. I'm pretty sure summer is coming and this pattern makes the perfect summer accessory.
Cotton and Linen combine for a summery yarn in a popular worsted weight. The linen fiber has a subtle sheen and adds body; cotton adds stitch definition and softness. This yarn gets even softer the more it’s worn and the light and vibrant palette is perfect for warm weather wear. 
Worn as a capelet or a cowl, this quick knit is worked from the bottom up in stockinette stitch. The smaller needles are used for a few rounds at the edges with a larger needle making the loose and lacy fabric.
The pattern for the Hanako Capelet/Cowl is free on Ravelry. All you need is one skein of Hanako.

Two more rows of lace and I'm onto the next colour. I'm going to do a few rows into the new colour and then it needs to be put away. The Trendsetter LYS Day shawl needs has to be finished for Saturday. Actually Wednesday so that the ends can be sewn in.

I made up a few more Fading Point kits today. They are slightly different - the lightest pink. The top kit is #9 and the bottom kit is #10. It has become an obsession.
It's time to put my feet up. I was up early to get Roko fed and to give him his medicine. Then I went to the store to make sure all was good. Off to see Trish and have my hair coloured. Home to Roko. Off to the airport to get Beth. Drop her at home and back to the store to pack orders. Post Office, home, The Works for a burger, home. Bleep! I forgot to get a tea at Tim's. (I know, I could make one at home but there is something about theirs that is better). Back out, fill Beth's truck with gas, get a tea and back home. I'm tired reliving this.

It's good to have Beth home. And now I get to spend the day at work. No more running home every day to let Roko out. I love him but it is 15-20 minutes to get from my house to work. 

Hockey is on and my fingers are ready to knit. Wait. I have one chore to do before that. I have the Look Book for Rowan Autumn Winter 2018/2019 in front of me. I need to go through it again. I can't share pictures or details but I will tell you that it is great!

No comments: