Thursday, January 18, 2018

No Seams

Diana has a new project. She normally does shawls for me but I really want this sweater hanging in the store. I asked her if she was okay with a sweater. She hesitated because she isn't in love with seaming. No worries.
Body and sleeves are worked in the round from lower edge to underarms, then joined to work the yoke in the round. Round begins on left side of body. On yoke, round begins on left side of body back where body joins sleeve. The garment is shaped at the waist and the body is made longer on the back side than the front side before the yoke is knitted.

Pattern: Oraefi (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers (4002) for the body and Cascade 220 (8901) for the yoke

The grey and white is striking but you can see that from the pattern. We're going to show you how awesome it will look with some colour.

You can make the sweater in any aran weight yarn. Woolstok. Cascade 220 Superwash Aran. Tosh Vintage. Tosh Merino.

I just cast off Match & Move and I love it. I'll get pictures tomorrow on a mannequin. Now it's bed time and dreaming about working on Kimba.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Looking forward to seeing this sweater completed. I love when projects are knit in a more affordable but still decent yarn like cascade 220.