Thursday, May 25, 2017

Fading

Lynda has finished her latest project for the store and needs something new. Mr. Canada Post just picked up a box and she should have it tomorrow. She's going to make So Faded (pattern purchased on Ravelry) with a kit from Prism Yarns. The kit is for a shawl but I think that the shading will work perfectly for the sweater. Hopefully Lynda will email me pictures as she progresses though the colours so that I can share them. This is my last kit of this colourway - an email has been sent to Prism to get more.

Mr. Canada Post brought a large brown envelope before I went to Myrtle Beach. I threw it in my car and didn't open it. I opened the envelope tonight - surprise. The latest Interweave Knits. Copies will be in the store tomorrow.
Knit amazing and irresistible summer products in Interweave Knits, Summer 2017! From shawls and cover ups, to vests and cowls, you’ll find something memorizing to fall in love with.
Our shipment of Rockshelter Sock and Find Your Fade kits should be arriving late tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to see the new colours.

Joji's latest clue just came out. I have clue 2 finished on one piece. For the second piece I'm still working on clue 1. Now the decision - which piece to work on tonight? Hockey - game 7. Master Chef Canada and The Amazing Race. I'll be up for a few hours yet.

Heritage Days is being celebrated in Ancaster from June 6-11. On Saturday June 10 we have a parade on Wilson Street.
On Saturday June 10, Wilson Street will be closed from Orchard St to Rousseaux St from 9:30am – 11:30am.  It will remain closed from Halson St to Rousseaux St until 3pm. 
If you come off Rousseaux Street we are before the festivities. I emailed the Heritage Days Committee and received this response.
We have asked the City to allow us to open Wilson from Rousseaux to Academy, but unfortunately we are not allowed.  We have to have it closed at a major intersection.  This hurts businesses like you and we recognize and feel badly about that.  Our goal is to eventually have the street festival full all the way past your business.  We'd like to see the street filled with people from Halson to Mount Mary.  We are making strides towards that each year.  This, we hope, would enable businesses to better participate with street sales, promotions, etc. 
We do tell the police officer at Rousseaux and Wilson to allow local traffic through on Wilson to get to businesses at that end of the street.  That would include your business.  If your clients come and ask the police officer to get through, they should be allowed.
Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience. Thankfully it only happens one day a year.

I know it's a long way away but I want to get the word out to everyone as soon as possible.

The store will be closed Wednesday July 5 - Monday July 10. We'll be open again on Tuesday July 11.

No comments: