Monday, February 22, 2016

Quintets

I'm working on a cowl with a String Quintet kit from Lorna's Laces. The pattern is the Three Color Cashmere Cowl from Joji.

From Joji
Oh, this is a lovely little pattern to let the days go by while peacefully knitting away…
There are no complex stitches in this cowl, just putting together some stripes, texture and lace as they suit you best.
The yarn I used was a bit of a luxury, just perfect to spoil yourself with something luscious around your neck

I'm adapting the pattern because my kit has five colours. So far I like how the the colours are coming out.

The yarn is great to knit with. I was dreading knitting on 3mm needles but it isn't bad at all. The pattern called for a 40cm circular but I'm using a 60cm circular and the stitches aren't stretched.

The pattern is easy to follow - Joji writes a great pattern and I highly recommend knitting one of her designs.
I've been looking at the kits and trying to decide which colour I would like to make next.


Diana just finished this awesome cowl.
Pattern: Rainbow Cowl (purchased on Ravelry)
Worked in the round from the top edge down, this cowl features a simple eyelet “raindrops” lace pattern and an openwork “sunray” lace pattern. It is finished with a picot bind-off.
Yarn: One Lorna's Laces String Quintet Kit - the colour here is Trumpet


If you'd like to try a Mystery KAL, Romi is starting one in March.
Welcome to my fourth mystery shawl KAL! This is a triangle using two colors of light sport weight yarn, 385 yards each.

The first clue will be released digitally on March 18. The KAL will have 5 clues total, each one week apart. After the KAL is over, your mystery pattern will update to the full pattern. After the mystery KAL is finished and the pattern is released as a full pdf, the cost of the completed pattern will increase to $6.50.
See all of Romi's patterns - she designs amazing shawls.

It's knitting time. My cowl is calling my name.

No comments: