Friday, February 05, 2016

Patchwork

Balls of Classic Elite Liberty followed me home last night to start the Mighty Miters.
Worked entirely in print colorways, this patchwork blanket is seamless. Mitered diamonds are worked from stitches picked up along the edges of adjacent diamonds.

The finished throw will measure 50" x 50". The pattern calls for 24 balls but you can keep adding squares if you want it to be bigger. At this time the pattern isn't available for purchase - it is free with the purchase of Liberty Wool.

It was close to 1am when the first square was finished. Beth and I started talking about how to place the colours. The pattern asks for 12 colours - 2 balls each. I'm going to do 25 colours - 1 ball each. My afghan is also going to be 9 squares bigger - taking it from a square to a rectangle.



I am going to use the 12 colours from last spring (above and all are in stock) with the 12 new colours for this spring (below). We will receive 2 new colours a month for the next 6 months. The first 4 colours should be arriving sometime next week.


The knitting is very simple. Cast on. Knit. Slip a stitch. Knit 2 together. Pick up stitches. Perfect to knit on while watching the football game on Sunday afternoon.

I was hoping to get my next square cast on today but Lynn and I counted yarn instead. We've been playing with Lorna's Laces for most of the day. The Shepherd Sock and Solemate are very neat right now. Did you know that Lorna's Laces puts dye lots on their hand dyed yarns? One of the very few companies who do this.

No comments: