Sunday, December 01, 2013

Off to Toronto - part 2

Kim finished her project in Rowan's new Kidsilk Amore Shimmer. Paso. The headband takes one ball.
Knit this accessory cabled ear warmer from the Rowan Ambassador's Amore Online Collection. Designed by Kristen Rettig, using one ball of Rowan Kidsilk Amore Shimmer, a multi strand chain construction yarn with a touch of shimmer (mohair, silk, polyester and nylon).

Download the pattern... 
Getting a photo of a headband isn't as easy as you think it is.
I've been very busy adding to my Flipboard. Keep checking back for pattern ideas and knitting articles.

This is as far as I got yesterday. Then it got crazy in the store. In a good way but there wasn't time to write. For most of the day the parking lot was full.

After work Beth and I went to Toronto for One of a Kind. We bought a couple of Christmas gifts and I got...

Embracelet
Handmade in Canada by Colin Schleeh

Dyed maple with sycamore interior.

The bracelet is really cool!
I have a silk scarf problem. There are a few of them them in my bedroom and they are all from Alarte. I bought my first scarf from Izabela 10 years ago.

Beth vetoed one thing that I wanted to buy. Art for the dining room in Myrtle Beach. If I bought it then the pictures on the wall have to be moved which means filling holes and repainting. I'm sure I can change her mind when we go back to the spring One a of Kind show. :)

I would love to keep writing but I need to get ready. Beth and I are heading to Toronto to see the Buffalo Bills play. I hope the traffic is a bit better than it was last night.

No comments: