Monday, June 17, 2013

Garage Finds

I can't wait to get back to work tomorrow! A work day is much more relaxing than a day off. It's almost 5pm and I've been on the go since before 8 this morning. This is the first time I've had to sit and respond to emails and start writing a blog post. And now that I've started I need to stop to make dinner. Steak on the barbecue.

First I visited the dentist. Yucky way to start the day but the appointment went well. My dentist is 45 minutes away-it's a long story but I like them there so it's worth the drive. Then a trip to Beth's warehouse to make an update on her computer. Things weren't working for her but it's all good now. Then home to work on the garage. No car yet but I want the garage clean before it comes. Look what I found.
 Kaffe Fassett's Persian Poppies. I don't remember when I knit the vest.
This is a Rowan pattern. I'm guessing around book 11 or 13. The original background was yellow but I really like my purple version. Jane knit this many, many years ago.

There were some great pattern finds as well. Sorry for the pictures. I took them outside thinking I would be smart but there was some glare.
An out of print Alice Starmore book.
A Kaffe Fassett calendar with lots of inspirational pictures. Yes, I should throw it out but I can't.
From the late 80's, early 90's. We had customers who knit this jacket. Fabulous!!

From Filatura di Crosa - again the late 80's. I went through the pattern. Six different yarns were used in 23 colours. We didn't have anyone knit this one. I'm sorry they didn't because I'm guessing the yarn would have been at least $400 that many years ago.

My knitting is suffering. A migraine knocked me out yesterday. I did a bit of knitting in the afternoon before we went to a friends for dinner. I was in bed by 7 and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning. I guess I was tired. Beth offered to drive on Friday so that I can knit if necessary. I hope it doesn't come to that. :)

6 comments:

Irene said...

hope you feel better, those migraine's can really be a pain.

Honey from the Bee said...

oh my goodness - that vest and sweater are to die for! So glad they're not relegated to the garage any more. : )

Hope you feel better quickly.

life ldc said...

That Rowan sweater is gorgeous! And your Persian Poppy!

Oh my!

Candice said...

Some garage!

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, the Rowan pattern sweater is gorgeous!

Feel well!

Lois

Lena said...

Love it! I miss the eighties knits.