Thursday, October 25, 2012

I love garter stitch!

I hope you got to enjoy some beautiful weather today. It is hot in Southern Ontario. My sister called in sick this morning (just a joke-she is her own boss) and headed to the golf course. I was a bit green with envy.

All the Shades of Truth-so far so good. Who can complain about garter stitch? I know that some people don't like it but I love it. It is perfect knitting if you are in a car (obviously not driving :), waiting for the kids at soccer or dance or sitting at the hair salon. The colours are working well.

There is a thin line of black (two rows) that break up the colour blocks. In the pattern Laura tells you how you can carry the black up the edge so you don't have ends to sew in. I have decided to cut off the black so I'm not dealing with two balls at once. It's a personal preference.
Night Bloom is still looking red in my picture - it is more of a mauve colour.

Mom and dad are coming home from Myrtle Beach on Saturday. Dad has a bit of work when he gets home. Our box pile grew today. We received the last two boxes from madelinetosh and a box from Tanis.

The box of Tanis was full of 

Red Label Cashmere/Silk Single

The softness of cashmere and the sheen of silk blend with perfection in this single ply yarn.
  • 75% merino,15% cashmere, 10% silk
  • 115g (4 oz) = 385m (420yds)
  • gauge: 7 sts per inch
  • needle: 2.75mm needles (U.S. size 2)
  • hand wash, lay flat to dry.
In the most beautiful colours
stormy
chestnut
olive
shadow
spruce
dove
charcoal
poppy
grape
sand
frost

I went searching for some patterns that I knew we had. I could only find three and quickly made up kits for the Adelia Cowl and Mitts.
The Adelia collection is the perfect cowl and mitts set to keep you warm and cozy on cool days. The pattern includes three variations on one lovely floral and heart motif; a cowl, fingerless mitts and full mitts. I love how soft and delicate the pattern looks when worked in subtly contrasting tones, and then how it turns into something completely fun and funky when done in brighter, bolder shades. Just because the weather is turning cooler doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun with flowers!
1 skein of each of two contrasting colourways makes one cowl and one pair of mitts, either fingerless or complete. 


Hopefully the baseball game tonight is a bit closer. Last night was done very early on. We watched Survivor and I got started on my scarf. I'm totally surprised by Lisa. I keep thinking of her as Blair which means there is no way she can play the game. She is stronger than I thought and in a good spot. Her tribe is fighting and she is flying under the radar. A great place to be. Then I watched Criminal Minds. Why do I watch that before going to bed?? I should learn that it can lead to weird dreams.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I like garter stitch, too, for several types of projects. We always need something for travel and mindless knitting when our minds are elsewhere. ;) The cowl and mitts set is very pretty.