Thursday, August 23, 2012

Classic Elite Chalet

Beth and I had a great time visiting with Sarah last night. She had lots of funny stories for us. Their fridge (and how small it is), the dryer in their bathroom, getting in the wrong side of the car, going to the movie theatre and many more tales. She has enjoyed her time in Canada but is ready to get back to England-she has a teaching job for the fall.

I didn't get any knitting done last night but this afternoon I got the first sleeve of Breezy on the needles and I'm on my way.

We have a new yarn in stock from Classic Elite

Chainette yarns are well-deserving of their popularity...the construction simultaneously provides strength and lightness. Add a luxury fiber blend of baby alpaca and bamboo to that inherent lightness and you have Chalet, a decadently soft yarn with a lovely drape in a chunky weight from our MountainTop Collection of yarns spun from natural, undyed fibers. Chalet looks great knit at a wide variety of gauges and textures.
These are three of the designs you will find in the new Classic Elite magazine 9183 Chalet.


70% baby alpaca
30% bamboo
90m (98yards) on a 50gram hank
knits on a 6mm-8mm needle

The new Twist Collective has a great hat and cowl pattern worked in Chalet - Pebble Rings by Tonia Barry.

I made a great discovery on Netflix this week. The first 8 seasons of Law and Order. I love this show and watching it with no commercials is a bonus. 45 minutes of knitting. Can't go wrong with that! My doctor told me to rest so I think sitting on the couch and knitting is just following the doctor's orders.

No comments: