Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kauni

Mr Canada Post brought in a big box of Kauni Effektgarn this morning. We are well stocked!! We don't have all the colours but pretty close.



The Cascade Vest knit in two colours of Kauni. We have this colour way hanging in the store. You knit two rows of one colour and then two rows of another colour. You keep repeating carrying the yarn not in use up the edge.

I have been putting together colour combinations this afternoon.

Kauni has extremely long colour segments. This works great for the striping on the vest or for doing fair isle.

We have two patterns from Ruth Sorenson. These are knit in the round and then cut to make a shawl. It sounds scary but it really isn't.

 The Summer Shawl
The Daisy Shawl

The Kauni website has free patterns to download...

Here is my Breezy Cardigan. I didn't get the bottom ribbing done last night. I mentioned to Beth that I thought I would get it done-I have 2 weeks. She looked at me and said try again. You have 10 days. On No!!

I'm going home and getting my fingers working.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely color combinations of the new yarn.