Friday, March 23, 2012

Colour

I love colour. My first knitting projects were Icelandic sweaters (the sweaters knit in the round with colours in the yoke) and I loved putting together colour combinations. Then came along Kaffe Fassett. What an eye opener for knitting. I think that is why I love quilting fabric as well. The hours spent putting together colours is so much fun.

There is a newish website called Pinterest. From Wikipedia
Pinterest is a pinboard-styled social photo sharing website. The service allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections. The site's mission statement is to "connect everyone in the world through the 'things' they find interesting." 
Lately people have been 'pinning' colour combinations that they are getting from a website called Design Seeds. What great combinations for knitters, quilters and anyone decorating a house.

I ordered two stands from Lantern Moon so my morning has been putting them together. Okay, I put one together and hope that I can talk Beth into coming and doing the other one. It's not hard but I am impatient!

Tosh Pasmina has a new home. This is necessary because Tosh Chunky arrived and it needs to go somewhere.

Wannietta is knitting a cardigan in pashmina. I just talked with her and she is going to try really hard to get it finished in time for the Frolic.

Pattern: Wildflower from Coastal Knits

Ms. Canada Post brought in a parcel from Lynda this morning. It is beautiful.

Pattern: Austin Hoodie from Connie Chang Chinchio
We have copies in the store and you can buy the pattern on Ravelry

Yarn: Solemate from Lorna's Laces


I was rushing to get pictures because a customer pulled in when I was outside.

It is nice to be able to get pictures in the sunlight again.
From the Lorna's Laces website. I love the picture.

Solemate feels great. I hope that Beth doesn't feel the cardigan because she will definitely want a pair of socks.

I made an emergency phone call to Lorna's this afternoon to add more colours. I knew the yarn was nice but not this nice.
Beth and I are having dinner with our kids tonight. Okay, not our kids but close enough. All three girls had birthdays last week. It is always an interesting evening out with them.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have always loved you ability to put colours together. It's what totally sold me on the bias afghan kit I bought from you that turned me into a knitter!