Monday, January 31, 2011

I LOVE CABLES

I am watching the Bachelor while writing my post.  I know-there has to be something a bit better on TV but it is like a train wreck that you can't stop watching.  The women get so upset that Brad is kissing them all. What did you expect when you came on the show??  Some of these women have a very big ego.  "I am beautiful and fun".  Really?  This week they are are in Vegas staying at Aria in a huge suite.  Totally jealous!!

It was seriously cold out today.  I know that for many of you this is your normal winter weather but I don't like it.  Right now it is snowing and blowing in Ancaster but this isn't the storm.  That is coming tomorrow.

Michelle posted pictures on her blog of an amazing cardigan she is knitting in Rowan Felted Tweed Aran.  I LOVE CABLES and these are outstanding.  It is so beautiful that I bought the pattern and will be asking someone to knit it as a store sample (Rhonda are you up for some cables?)  Come fall I will definitely be thinking about knitting one for myself.

As you know I can't do a post without pictures.  I don't have any pictures of my knitting (my chiropractor has limited my knitting time) so here are some of the garments from Classic Elite.  We will have the yarn and patterns next week.

We already have some colours of Firefly in the store (along with a scarf from last summer's book) and there are five new colours coming.
Firefly is a warm-weather yarn with a subtle sheen and wonderful hand. The juxtaposition of the linen with a light-catching sheen gives it a distinctly feminine look. Firefly drapes wonderfully at a wide range of gauges - knit loosely for elegant lace or more tightly for stockinette fabrics.


These patterns are from book 9136 Firefly.

Clover scarf
Meadowsweet


 Honeysuckle
Chicory Cowl

It is time to defy my chiropractor and do a few rows of knitting before bed.

Just in time for the rose ceremony.  :)  I love watching the tears.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Bachelor & Big Brother are my fave trash tv shows - I love them and am not ashamed to admit it!!

You're right - lovely sweater!!

No golfing, limited knitting - I think that you need a second opinion!! ;-)

Rhonda said...

I'm always up for cables. I'll see you this week.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ooh I love Honeysuckle