Friday, July 30, 2010

Rearranging again

I am still working away rearranging the store.  How am I going to fit the new colours of Cascade 220 and 220 Heathers on the shelves?  Noro Silk Garden doesn't look good where it is so it needs a new home.  There are still new yarns coming from Naturally next week that need to go somewhere. And I haven't even thought about Sirdar, Debbie Bliss or the new Noro yarns.

Dyed Cotton from Blue Sky Alpacas has been moved into the Worsted/Aran weight room.  This makes sense since the yarn is Aran weight.  :)

When you walk in the front door the Spud & Chloe Sweater is right in front of you.

I still love the look of this jacket.

Beside the Sweater is a few garments from Berroco-both in Blackstone Tweed. The vest on the left is the new Chunky. The cardigan on the right and the cable scarf (Dryad) are both the Aran weight.

The Christel Seyfarth Kits and Kauni yarn both needed a home. The kits were on the floor and I was afraid that the packaging was going to be ruined.  Kauni was in garbage bags by the book shelf.  Now they are inside the front door.

Make sure you stop by at the Knitter's Fair.  We should have four of the Christel Seyfarth garments on display.  I am saying should just in case they don't make it from the US in time.

A couple of days ago I thought that it would look neat to take large glass vases and fill them with yarn.  Last night Beth and I were out so we stopped at Pier 1 to find some. They didn't have what I wanted so we went to Home Sense.  They had two that weren't exactly what I wanted but would work for a trial.

This is Trendsetter's Victory.  It looks cool but the display will be better when I get a different mannequin for the shrug.

Here is the really large vase holding Naturally's Vero Tweed.  I must say that I really like the looks of this.  The glare in the picture isn't helping but when you come in the store you will agree with me.  :)

Someone mentioned yesterday that it must be hard to work in the store right now.  There is so much new yarn and how do I choose what to knit with.

This reminded me of a story from when we first opened.  I was in university studying accounting and was about to write a major accounting exam.  My mom made me stay home from the store on a Saturday to study.  She called home in the afternoon and my dad said he was busy helping me wind yarn. Mom blew her top.  I was supposed to be studying and not starting a new project.  It wasn't my fault though-the new Rowan had come in the day before!!!

No comments: