Saturday, January 16, 2010

Athena

I consider Laura Bryant (Prism Yarns) to be one of the best dyers of yarn in North America. Her colour choices are amazing. One of the best times at TNNA is going through her booth and seeing the amazing colour combinations. Colours I would never put together but the finished product is amazing.

This is the Athena Wrap knit in Merino Mia-100% merino super wash sock yarn.

Athena is knit with 8 different colours, one skein each.

Is it starting to look familiar to you yet? There is an ad in the new Winter Vogue magazine showing the wrap but done in a different colourway.

Here are a few more pictures from my trip. This is the baggage claim area at the Long Beach Airport. There is a roof but no walls and there are only 3 baggage carousels. There are picnic tables for you to sit at while waiting for your luggage.

Looking out from our hotel at the Queen Mary. One day we might find time to see the Queen Mary up close.

This is Seaport Village-just across the street from our hotel. Little shops and restaurants in brightly painted buildings.

I haven't picked up knitting needles in over a week. There is no time while at the show to knit and I have been working since I have been home. Tonight is the night they are coming out again. I will be watching football tonight and tomorrow.

No comments: