Saturday, August 15, 2009

Done

I was at the store by 7:15 this morning. The painter was there but not my dad. About 20 minutes later he showed up with a truck full of shelving. Here are the shelves that will hold the yarn in the new section.

There wasn't much I could do in the store while the painter was working so I spent most of the morning cleaning the apartment. Up the stairs and down the stairs with more 'stuff' for the dumpster.

Dad had a meeting to go to and returned to the store at noon along with Phil to put in the cupboards. The shelving needed a bit of work because the floor isn't level. That happens in a 200 year old house.

My new cash desk is much smaller-hopefully this means less collecting of junk.

The bookshelves have been cleaned and are ready to be filled. I started carrying books but was getting tired and grumpy. We will have these filled on Monday.

Around 1 this afternoon Dad sent me on errands. We needed a bucket and mop to clean the floors. Oh, and by the way, stop at the beer store for us. I don't like beer but I almost reconsidered this afternoon.

My cousin Tim who did all the electrical work.

I need to run and have a shower. Mom and dad want to go out for dinner. I can't really so no when dad did so much for me this week.

I'm sorry to all who showed up and wanted to shop this week. There was no way we could stay open while this was going on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I can't wait to come out & see it all for real - I'm sure that the pictures are not doing it true justice.

Samantha said...

Ditto WanniEtta. WOW!!! It looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

MaƂgorzata said...

WOW!!! JUST WOW!!! I have been thinking about coming up for some yarn, but the week just ran away from me. Good thing I did not. :-)