Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pictures

Wow, two posts in one day. I should have saved this for tomorrow but the pictures were taken and I had time right now.

This is a picture my mom painted for my bedroom. I obviously don't get my art talents from my mom!! I almost failed art in grade 7. In grade 8 we had to keep a sketch book. Every week we had something new to draw-a glass, apple, light switch or something else around the house. My mom did mine for me. The art teacher wasn't very bright because she should have been able to tell that someone else was doing my work-I almost fail one year and get an A the next?
These are hanging in my bathroom. There are 4 pictures in total but I couldn't get them all in one picture.

I found these pictures at a craft show last Christmas. The artist, Karen, is from Burlington but doesn't have a gallery where you can shop. She did have a booth at the spring One of a Kind Show so I am assuming she will be there again this fall.

Here are some important dates if you are a Rowan fan. The fall Rowan magazine will be released on July 15. We should have it in the store soon after that. The next Rowan Studio magazine (#10) will be available in June along with Kim Hargreaves new magazine, Nectar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mom's artistic talent totally skipped me too - fortunately I got the crafty genes!

Those shoe pictures are so you! I'm going to have to make time to go to the One of a Kind show again - there's always such interesting things!