Friday, June 05, 2009

Day One

I just got home from day two of the sale. Yes, those are ice cubes you hear in my glass of Smirnoff Green Apple Twist. :)

I would like to thank everyone who has visited us so far. The mood has been very happy which could be attributed to the much better weather. Last year was our first year in the hall and I didn't think about the heat factor. This year the heat is very manageable and everyone has been great.

I want to thank everyone who has helped. Cathy and Jane have put in many hours moving boxes and sorting through yarn. Sally finished her day job yesterday and then came to help with the sale. She took today off of work to come and play again. Sarah worked last night and will help again tomorrow.

This is Wannietta and Amanda (who didn't want her picture taken). They drove down from north of Barrie to work last night and today.

Beth and my dad have also put in hours helping move yarn-they will be back at it tomorrow moving the left overs back into storage.

This was about 6:45 last night.


The door opened at 7pm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just got back from the tent sale a few hours ago. What a pleasant surprise to find that as the sale winds down the prices are changed to: buy 10 $1.00 balls get 10 $1.00 balls FREE, buy 10 $3.00 balls get ten $3.00 balls FREE or buy 10 $6.00 balls and get 10 $6.00 balls free.

That made me run home to get more money for tomorrow. I finally dragged out just before 7pm and there was still a lot of great stuff left. Super 10 cotton, LOTS of Lamb's Pride Worsted and SCADS of Nature Spun PURE WOOL. great for felting.

Now off to bed so I can be good and rested when I talk to the bank about a second mortgage to get more yarn!!


Thanks Julie, even better than last year!!!
YAY ! ! !

PS. just noticed I'm under my hubby's sign in, so thanks from Marilyn.

knitty_kat said...

Ahh! I, knittykat, would be the curly haired person on the left in your second picture. And Corazenia of BalkanStyleKnitters would be the one on the right.

We were both rather happy to visit & contribute to such a great cause! The tent now hall sale is our favourite & a must.

Many thanks!