Saturday, December 16, 2017

Cookies

It's finished.

Pattern: Darn Knit Kinetic Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: one skein of Malabrigo Caracol
Needles: 10mm, 60cm

I used my new Lykke needles for this cowl. I really like them. Two thumbs up from me. The Caracol is nice to knit with and feels really good around your neck.

When I came in this morning, I threw on my Ombre Hood Cowl. Then I turned to the right and saw the new Amitola Brushed from Louisa Harding. This yarn would make a great cowl. Lynn and I did a few swatches to see what needles we liked and the cowl is underway. I'm double stranding the yarn for a really fluffy cowl with one strand each of Elvira and Winter Rose.
Beth came in the store with lunch for me wearing one of her hats. The colours match her new winter coat perfectly.
Pattern: Squish Me Cap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: one skein of Mrs. Crosby Carpet Bag in the colour Toucan

I came home from work to another mess in the kitchen. Beth has been watching too many baking shows. She decided that she needed to make a cookie Christmas tree. She said that they make it look a lot easier on TV than it is to actually do it. It stayed together long enough for a picture. Now it has been pulled apart and all the cookies are wrapped up for her to take to work on Monday. I'm supposed to remind her of something the next time she decides to make cookies. Rice Krispy squares are a lot easier.

A little laugh to sign off with

Beth was running around earlier today and I asked her to look for a grey turtleneck for me. Or so I thought. Here is our conversation.
I was in tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

slb44