Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Sally Melville

I made it to the fifth colour this afternoon.
I can't wait to finish. Because I think it's going to look good and I have more colour combinations picked out.

When I was writing yesterday's post I saw that Joji's Lemongrass was knit with the same yarn that Sally Melville knit her Easy Wrap Jacket in. We can't get the yarn in Canada right now but Eco + from Cascade will make a great jacket. 2 skeins is all you need.
When I was looking at Sally's patterns on Ravelry, the picture beside the jacket is her Memories Sweater. Sally wore the sweater at Camp and it is great.

When leaving for a trip, I needed something to knit that would take a long time but not a lot of space. So I made a swatch, gathered leftover sock yarns, made a pile of 8yd butterflies, and proceeded. It did take a long time, but since every square was different, it was constantly and totally engaging. And little did I know it would become my favourite sweater--so much so that I immediately started another!

I call it my Memories Sweater, because I can recall where I purchased each of the sock yarns used. So, besides being fashionable and comfortable and oft-admired (by knitters from three continents!), this garment has the preciousness of a quilt. It is truly irreplaceable and much treasured. I expect yours will be too!

 

PS All of these squares are joined as you work, plus I tell you when to work in tails. There is very little sewing (or tails) in this garment. I also offer lots of photos to help you through this. It is not difficult, and it is great fun!

Liberty Wool is a super-soft, washable wool available in solid and printed colors. This yarn’s balanced twist will make all stitch combinations pop. With all the great qualities of wool and the ease of machine washability, Liberty Wool knits at a gauge that suits many designs.

Worked flat and seamed, no purling is necessary to knit these mittens and the garter stitch makes them extra squishy and warm. Work in stripes of solid colors, or use one of the printed colorways and let the yarn do the striping for you.
Classic Elite has a new free mitten pattern. Super simple and quick to make.

No comments: