Saturday, October 29, 2016

Derecho

This morning I put on a shawl that has been hanging in the store but I've never worn.
Pattern: Derecho by Laura Aylor (purchase on Ravelry)
The shawl above is knit in Mrs. Crosby Satchel and below in tosh sock.

I've loved this shawl from the first time I saw the pattern. Since I can't knit fast enough Lynda knit our store samples. I own the pattern and one day soon I'm going to make it.
Derecho - Spanish for ‘direct or straight ahead’. A derecho is a widespread, long-lived wind storm that is associated with a band of rapidly moving showers or thunderstorms. One of these storms hit here in the eastern United States while I was working on my second knit of this pattern.

A triangular shawl knit modularly in two directions to produce a pattern of interconnected stripes. Two circular needles are used to knit on one side at a time while keeping the other side’s stitches live.

Techniques: garter stitch, knit in front and back increase, picking up stitches
Lucy is loving Myrtle Beach. Mom sent this picture to Beth but Beth didn't really look at where Lucy was lying. The hardwood and patterned carpet are the living room and the grey carpet is the sun room. There is a step down between the rooms. Lucy's body is in the living room and her ears are touching the sun room floor. She is a weird dog :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Maybe Lucy is practising to be a draft stop once she comes back here?