Saturday, May 02, 2015

Quicksilver

I'm very addicted to Melanie Berg's shawl patterns right now. Her shaping and stitch combinations are interesting. I love putting together different colour combinations. When I was picking colours for this shawl that Diana just finished, I picked three that I normally wouldn't put together. Three colours and no purple. I love how they play. I think this might come with me to TNNA at the end of the month.

Pattern: Quicksilver (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 3 skeins of tosh merino light - whiskey barrel, worn denim, amber trinket
Silky smooth and mercury quick, this fluid shawl swirls with color. 
Quicksilver is worked flat from tip to edge, with garter stitch stripes and a lace mesh that knits up in the blink of an eye. 
Wedges of the lace fan between the striped sections, lending the shawl a lovely slanted shape.
Diana knit until almost out of yarn so my shawl is bigger than the pattern calls for. Diana and I think alike. Why have yarn left over?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How much extra did she knit - I am doing the same colours and would like it larger as well.