Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's almost finished

I have about 200 stitches left to cast off. The shawl would have been finished earlier today but I had to rip back 400 stitches last night. I was watching Love it or List it and didn't pay attention. UGH! 

I'm using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off and my edge is very loose. After blocking I might need to take it out and tighten it up.


I like to watch Ysolda's video before doing the cast off just to make sure I'm doing it right. Here is a link to the short video - 40 seconds and you are on your way. There is also a longer video if you haven't used the cast off before. It is amazing how stretchy it is. This bind off is great for the neck of a sweater. I remember the first sweater I knit. An Icelandic sweater in Lopi. I finished the ribbing on the neck and cast off. When I tried to put it on it wouldn't go over my head because I pulled the cast off so tight. Where was Jeny then? Her cast off will work great for the neck of a sweater - especially if the cast off is being folded to the inside and sewn down.

Mr. CanPar brought us new knitting bags today. 
Decodelire is a French company who design the most gorgeous, funky and practical designer bags and accessories for all ages.
A medium sized knitting bag with a clear outside pocket. Includes inside pocket and zipper closure. Measures: 35 x 12 x 28cm
The cost - $25.00

A large knitting tote with an outside clear pocket- perfect for storing your pattern in! Includes an inside pocket and has a zipper closure. Measures: 36 x 13 x 36cm.
This bag is $27.00.

It's time to head home. Can you believe how cold it is outside? I could have worn a sweater today. And not a light one. My phone says that it is 10C right now but I might be tempted to call it a liar. It feels way colder. A good night to curl up with your knitting.

No comments: