Monday, July 29, 2013

Windward

I'm home from the hair salon and am supposed to be heading to the golf course. It looks like rain in Ancaster so we've cancelled our round. I'm kind of sad but a bit relieved because there is work that I should be doing this afternoon. Accounting. UGGGG!!!

I've finished the main section of the scarf and am working down the skinny end. The rows are getting shorter and shorter so it should grow faster now.
There will be 2 new books coming for fall from Noro. I don't think we will see these until September but you never know - they could show up unexpectedly.

I'm sitting at the breakfast bar working on my accounting and there is a lot of noise behind me.
Mr. Melo brought his ball in the house. This is a very special ball. Beth read about it online and ordered one. It is a soccer ball that won't deflate. There are many, many bite marks from Melo and the ball is still intact.

It is called a One World Futbol and you can read more about it here....
Our mission at the One World Futbol Project is to make a meaningful impact on the lives of youth around the world through the One World Futbol, a virtually-indestructible ball that never goes flat and never needs a pump. Our goal is to bring the joy of soccer and play to youth in disadvantaged communities so that children can be children no matter where they live.
Mr. Roko is still walking around like a 3 legged dog. His surgery is on Wednesday. He stays over Wednesday night and comes home on Thursday. Beth was worried because the only time he is away from us he is with our parents. The vet said that he will be so doped up for the pain that he won't know where he is. :)

I've looked at my accounting for long enough today and will finish it tomorrow. It's knitting time!!

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

The scarf is very pretty. You always manage to make things in colors I really, really like.

That soccer ball is something the "kids" would like here. :)

And, I hope you get through your accounting. Back when I professed accounting I started each term (tongue in cheek) with "accounting can be fun" and laughed at all the groans and sighs. We actually did make it fun enough to keep people awake. ;)

Linda in Waterloo said...

Gosh he's a cutie! I hope he sails through surgery. Knitting looks great too but it's hard to go head to head with a Golden Retriever in the same post!