Wednesday, September 07, 2011

DONE!!

I just deleted my whole post. Seriously. How stupid am I?? How many times am I going to do this??

When I write a post I preview it in another window before hitting Publish. I closed the preview so now I don't know what I wrote. Here goes again.

Cathy stopped by this morning. She has been away at a cottage for the past few weeks and her face paled when she walked in today. She wasn't impressed by my mess. For the next two hours she rushed around straightening shelves and putting away bags of yarn. I had to make her stop-I think she would have been here all day if I had let her. It definitely looks much better. It is always a good day when Cathy comes in. I can't wait to see it on Monday morning. Cathy is working on Friday and Saturday while I am at the Knitters' Fair.

The Mystery Shawl is finished. Ends sewn in. Blocked. Done!!


Pattern: Earth and Sky from Stephen West
Yarn: tosh merino light
Colours Used: smokey orchid, alazarin, flashdance
Needles: 3.5mm addi turbo

I wanted to get a picture outside but it is pouring rain. The change in weather is huge. Last week it was so hot and humid and now we need a sweater. I'm not complaining about sweater weather but the rain can go away.

Ms. Canada Post stopped by this morning with an envelope from Churchmouse Yarns. I was out of Linen Stitch patterns and they rushed me some for the Knitters' Fair. Thank you Churchmouse Yarns for the great service. Now we have lots of kits. My fingers are crossed that the shipment from madelinetosh makes it in time. When I check online it cleared Canada Customs yesterday morning but there hasn't been an update since. The box has 14 colours of tosh merino light. I won't be happy if they show up on Monday.

Before I do anything stupid I am hitting Publish. Big Brother tonight. Who is going home?

5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Just LOVE that mystery shawl! I enjoyed watching it in the making, but now that it is finished it is just GORGEOUS!

Sherri said...

I've seen a lot of them and this is the most beautiful. Tempting....very tempting....

Julie said...

Thank you for the comments. I am happy with how it turned out.

Talagos said...

I agree. Your Mystery Shawl is the loveliest. Beautiful colourways :)

Talagos said...

I agree with Sherri. You chose the most beautiful colourways :)