Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lots of Colour

This morning was spent working on Knitting Camp. All class confirmation emails have gone out. If you didn't receive yours, please let me know. A newsletter is going out later this week with the weekend agenda. Now the homework. Fiona and Elizabeth have their homework list ready. I need to sit down and do mine. :) I am trying to make the least amount of homework possible but that is hard when you are teaching a class about casting off. The students must have a swatch made for each cast off before they come to class. I don't feel like thinking about it right now so onto better things.

Yesterday afternoon I unpacked a box from Mountain Colors. There are great new colours in Bearfoot sock yarn.
This soft, washable wool blend (60% Superwash Wool, 25% Mohair, 15% Nylon) is perfect for socks and baby gifts.
There are 350 yards in 100g skein which is enough to knit a pair of socks.
Tension of 6-7 stitches to one inch.

Prairie Rose
Summertime
Trading Post
Lilac
Headwaters

I took these pictures from the Mountain Colors website. It doesn't matter what I do, I can't make them bigger. Okay, I can make them bigger but then they are fuzzy. I figured small and clear was the best way to go.

I don't have any personal knitting to report. I did pull my knitting out of the bag last night and pulled the needle right out of my scarf. All stitches are back on the needle. I then decided that sitting quietly on the couch would be better for my back than knitting. This afternoon could be a different story. My fingers are starting to itch again.

And I was set to start knitting until Ms. Canada Post brought in some boxes that I needed to unpack.

The blocking wires have finally arrived!! We have fine wires for lace and thicker wires for blocking sweaters.

There was also a large box of Kauni that included two colours that we haven't had before.

Meet EME. Red, hot pink and cranberry.

And this is EPA. Chocolate, beige and ecru.

There were some patterns as well.



Menlo Cardigan. The model is knit in colours EA and EZ, alternating between 2 rows of one colour and 2 rows of the other. The cardigan is knit from the top down-no sewing when finished.

I was typing away on my post when I saw that there was mail to look at. I missed hitting Mail and opened the App Store instead. Three new apps downloaded. Darn App Store.

Big Brother tonight!! Don't forget to set your DVR.

No comments: