Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fiddlehead Mittens

I haven't picked up knitting needles all week. Trying to get the store in order has kept me busy. Last night (when I should have been sleeping but my mind was working overtime) I came up with an idea for storage so Monday I will be here for awhile trying to get the Rowan room in order.

There won't be any knitting tonight-yarn did come home for me to start something new tomorrow. :) Beth, Lynda and I are making a road trip across the border.

I have been updating the website and going through the Rowan magazine. There are some great patterns that I didn't notice before.
Birch by Martin Storey in Felted Tweed Aran
It reminds me of Kim Hargreaves early work
Kind by Marie Wallin in Lima
Sincere by Marie Wallin in Kid Classic
Rowan magazines are a funny thing. The first time you flip through you might not find anything you like. The next look you will find one or two and after a week of leafing through there are many, many amazing garments that have caught your eye.

A few weeks ago I received an email from Tanis that she will no longer be making Fiddlehead Mitten kits. We have kits in stock but I don't know how long they will last. When they are gone the mittens get to come home with me.

Lynda sent an email that she finished my Hawthorne Cape yesterday. I should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Now I need the cold weather to come!!

No comments: