Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sunnyside Baby Sweater Again

In yesterday's post I showed the Sunnyside Baby Sweater from Tanis. Sorry but I got the link to the pattern wrong.  Here is the link and I made sure that it works.

While I am showing pictures of cute baby sweaters here is mine in Liberty Wool from Classic Elite.  It has been blocked and I just need the buttons.  No, I wouldn't think of using a shawl pin on a babies sweater. Even I know that isn't a good idea.

Many customers ask why thy need to block their finished garments.  When I was done the cardigan the front bands curled in.  I couldn't take a picture they were so bad. Now after being blocked they sit nice and flat.

Blocking doesn't have to be a lot of work.  I soak the garment in Soak for 5-10 minutes.  Then I roll it in a towel to get out the excess water.  Now I lay it out to dry. If it is nice weather I lay it outside on the deck. It doesn't take much effort but can make all the difference in your finished project.

I'm have a bit of a freak out because it doesn't look like my madelinetosh order is going to make it in time for the Frolic.  Now I am redoing the booth.  I have the tracking numbers but it is up to Canada Customs and how long they want to keep the boxes.  Luckily we have lots of great yarn and samples from many companies so we will have a fully stocked booth.  :)

No comments: