Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Knitter's Frolic

Mark your calendars that the Knitter's Frolic is coming up on Saturday May 8 and Sunday May 9.  The market is open on Saturday while classes will be running on Saturday and Sunday.




There are a couple of things to note this year

The market will be open from 9am-5pm on Saturday.

From the Downtown Knit Collective

Shopping Bags
You may not be aware that the City of Toronto has a bylaw that requires the vendor to sell any shopping bags used for 5 cents.  It is part of Toronto's "green initiative".  It is our understanding the by-law enforcement officers have done spot checks at other shows this year and providing the bag as a "gift" is not acceptable.  We do NOT want to see any one of your get a fine for disobeying this by-law.  In our flyer, we have also encouraged our customers to bring their own shopping bags.

My dilemma last night was what to knit.  I didn't want to pick up something that I was already working on.  That meant figuring out what row I was on and paying attention to a pattern.  The easiest project in that situation is another Log Cabin square.




The Tunic is finished.


Sirdar Leaflet 1830
Size 1-2
3 balls Zara Chine colour 1928.


Sally says that my mannequin is 'creepy' so I am going to have Jane knit her a hat while I am away.  

2 comments:

Sally said...

Have her knit a face too. A happy face.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

She definitely needs a face! and Maybe some hair... I vote for yarn braids!