Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Iris the Gourmet Monster

Well, it is that time again.  Rearranging the store.  Now that the Olympics are over and I don't have an excuse to sit and knit all day I must do some work.


The Dyed Cotton and Multi Cotton from Blue Sky Alpacas lived in baskets and I decided that they would look much better put out this way.  The colours really show up now.


A shipment arrived from Lorna's Laces with kits for Iris the Gourmet Monster.  I saw Iris knit up at TNNA and have a kit to knit.  Maybe Rhonda would like to knit her for me??

Five kits have arrived so far.


I let Beth and Amanda pick the colours that we were sent.
Bright turquoise and lime-Beverly

Hot pink, yellow and orange-Winona
The yarn in the kits is Revelation-100% wool, bulky weight

Denim blues-a new colour called Avondale
The kits contain the eyes and a piece of felt to cut for the mouth

Wine, coral, olive green and yellow-another new colour Zombie Barbecue


Bright yellow, turquoise and lime-Daffodil
4.5mm-5mm needles will be used to knit Iris.

Somedays I am really showing my age.  I went home last night without the cord to my laptop.  It really isn't a big deal because I can work on my iMac but it throws me off.  I had many mail orders to do and I am used to doing them on the laptop.  Printing is easier from the laptop.  Now that I am at work my laptop needs to be charged and I can't do that from the front room while I am working on it.

Did anyone watch Idol last night?  Was that not the longest two hours of your life?  I am not sure if any of the guys have enough talent to win the competition-their performances were so boring last night.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'll knit Iris for you! I love knitting toys!

Rhonda said...

Not a problem, but Beck will have to be put on hold.

Heather said...

Iris AND Fiddlehead in kits. You're killing me.