Monday, May 29, 2017

Greyhound Shawl

I finished this shawl a year ago but it was never blocked. Spending a bit of time to block it made all the difference. The edges are lying flat. The lace work has opened up. And is smells so good - Pineapple Soak.

Pattern: Greyhound Shawl (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Mrs. Crosby Hat Box - I used 2 skeins each of Icebox Watermelon and Hummingbird

From the designer Thea Colman
My latest foray into shawl design is asymmetric, and I’m hooked! 
I wanted an easygoing wear-everywhere project for summer and this shawl was just the thing. The pattern is rhythmic and soothing and perfect for knitting in the car, at the beach, or sipping a cocktail poolside. 
It’s warm and soft and lightweight - the exact thing you want to throw over your shoulders when the sun goes down. And I know I’ll still be wearing this with a light jacket after Summer has passed and we go into Fall. 
You can easily alter the pattern for more or less stripes, add a different lace or play with size as your stash and taste dictates. You can knit this in one color, or two, or even a whole bunch of different ones (gradient?).
Joji's Starting Point is growing. The third clue (on this piece) is almost finished. On my other piece I just finished the first clue. Unfortunately I was happily knitting away and forgot to read the pattern. I need to rip it back 6 rows.

Beth is out of town at a meeting so I'm with the dogs today. That means getting caught up on paper work. The website has been updated and now I'm going to work on Camp. I've started on class confirmation emails and a blog post has been done. Camp is only 16 weeks away. You might think that's a long time but it will be here before I'm ready :)

No comments: