The store is now closed on Mondays until the fall but if you are in desperate need of yarn tomorrow, Lynn will be there. If it's really slow I will send her home mid afternoon but if it's busy she'll be there until 5:30. I left her a list of the last few kits we need made up for the Frolic. We need to get these made because the madelinetosh is arriving this week. Lynn will be working in the storage locker inventorying the yarn and setting aside the merino light and new twist light for the show.
Yarn Bowls are on their way to Myrtle Beach and should be in the store in about a week.
Yarn bowls are a favorite accessory for those who love to knit or crochet. These bowls nestle your yarn while you work, both preventing "roll away" and keeping yarn clean as you work.
These bowls have a “Y” hook channel design, making it easy to switch out your working yarn while still attached to your work. The bowls also have a pass-through hole if you don’t need to change colors in your project. Felted pads on the base of these bowls protects your furniture from scratches.
- trust me, there is lots of yarn. If you don't like lines or crowds, wait until noon to come. There will still be lots for you to see. If booths sell out of something, most are more than willing to ship it to you after the show
- bring lunch with you. Then you don't have to stand in line.
- The Science Centre is very close to the Frolic. You can send your family for an outing and it will let you shop for a while.
- wear something that you have knit. It's always fun to see completed projects.
- if you see something you like, mark down the booth you saw it in. I can't tell you how many times we get frantic people at the end of the day because they forgot where they saw something
- go through your Ravelry library and make notes of yarn that you are interested in. If there is a certain pattern, print that pattern and bring it with you. Also bring information on the yarn. What it's made of. Tension. Yardage. That will make it easier for me and other booths to help you substitute. When you come in the store I can do it on the computer but we have limited Internet access at the show.
- please have patience.
- the Frolic isn't just for knitters. It is put on by a knitting guild - hence the name. Crocheters please come to the show. There is lots of fabulous yarns that you and your hooks will have fun working with.
Now it's knitting time. The first sleeve of my Bella Lino cardigan is at the armhole shaping. I'd like to think it will be finished before bed tonight but that is just a dream.