Thursday, June 07, 2012

New Magazines

At 7:30 I was woken by jack hammering outside my bedroom. There is a drainage problem behind our house so they are working on getting it fixed. Rocks are being removed to help with the water flow. Thankfully it will only be a couple of days. This gave me chance to get a blog post written before opening the store. A newsletter has just been sent as well. Watch your inbox.

Copies of Jane Austen Knits, Summer 2012 have arrived in the store.

Jane Austen Knits Summer 2012, a 144-page special publication from Spin-Off magazine, explores the fashion and traditions of Jane Austen’s time and novels, through inspired knitting patterns. Discover more than 30 patterns for hats, socks, tops, sweaters, shawls, reticules, and more. Novice to advanced knitters will appreciate the focus on techniques from lace to cables, plus the variety of patterns for women, men, and children.
In addition to this collection of beautiful knitting patterns, you will find fascinating feature articles about the history, textiles, and characters in Jane Austen’s novels.
Whether you are an avid knitter, a Janeite, a lover of the Regency era, or all of the above, you will find something to fit your fancy in this magazine.    
The Noro magazine is supposed to be arriving this afternoon.
    
The inspection for mom and dad's house was delayed until today. They still had some things to get finished. I snuck in last night to see the granite counter top. I wasn't sure about the colour that mom picked but it looks great now that it is in.

Right now the main room is builders beige but it will be painted grey next week.
This is the grey colour. We originally planned a very dark grey when we thought that the floor was light grey. The floor is a dark grey/brown so we decided on a lighter colour.

Last night I went to Oakville to get their sheets. We are just about done. The last things to get are small kitchen items.

Now that my writing for the day is done I'm going to get to work on my knitting. Maybe I can get it done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the Noro magazine!!!

Lois Evensen said...

Just love the wrist warmers. We are happy with our granite counter tops, too. We chose Blue Pearl for a very personal reason - it's mined very close to where My Honey was born in Norway. We literally have a little bit of home here in our kitchen. ;)

life ldc said...

My magazine cover is different......it only has a Canadian price on it also.....wonder if they did different versions for the US and Canada?

But the cover wrist warmers design on your mag isn't even in this one......Strange......

Will we be seeing Even more Noro in the store?

I'm thinking Karuta?

Oh dear...I'm going to fall off of my yarn diet.....again.....