Monday, February 18, 2008

Winding yarn

Today was Family Day in Ontario. The store wasn't open but I was there winding balls of yarn for the Tulip Cardigan kit. I was there for over 6 hours. A couple skeins were not properly rewound after dying and I had to wind them by hand. Then my ball winder was acting up.

I browsed the pictures on Ravelry for the Tulip cardigan to come up with some ideas for colour combinations. This is 3 shades of blue, a green, charcoal, brown, burgundy and lighter brown/peaches which is the border colour. I started during daylight but didn't get finished until it was dark so the colours don't show the way they should.

This uses the new bright yellow and bright yellow/orange combination along with blue, green, red, purple, lime and turquoise. The purple is the border colour.


On Saturday Beth and I went plant shopping. We are having a hard time keeping the humidity up in our house so this is one fix. I see that they are a bit blurry-sorry.


I did get some knitting accomplished yesterday during the Daytona 500. Hopefully there will be pictures later this week. The race had some very boring spots but I liked the outcome. Last night Beth wanted to watch Knight Rider. Of course we watched it as kids so we wanted to see the remake. Bad TV. Then we watched Dexter. A very disturbing show. Now we are watching TV that the whole family can watch-Deal or No Deal. My parents love this show. Dad should be calling any minute from Myrtle Beach telling us that the lady shouldn't take the deal.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

She shouldn't have taken the deal. LOL

Nice plants. I have a hard time keeping plants alive, but I do love them in my house. Currently I have one. A crab cactus. This is my 3rd or 4th one ... the other ones all died. LOL

Unknown said...

Kerwyn PVR'd Knight Rider so I'll watch it this week.
As for Dexter - I love that show!! I have the books and the 1st season on DVD. I watched the 2nd season on The Movie Network and as soon as it's released on DVD I'm going to run out, buy it and watch it again!