Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pearly Temple

The newest Soakbox arrived today.

Boot toppers - knit in hand dyed yarn from Lorna's Laces in a pattern designed by Fiona Ellis.
Knit them up and put them back in the box. What a great gift.

I'm sitting at the breakfast bar with my MacBook (using it to write my blog post and paying bills online), my laptop do write some cheques and my iPad waiting to get more lives in Candy Crush.

Beth is on the couch rehearsing her speech for tomorrow night. It's the big dinner that is held every September to raise money for Honduras. My dad will be going again in November on a mission trip. All money raised at the dinner goes to Honduras-none is used for travel. They build wells or schools or community centres. Anything that will help the people who live there. This will be his last trip - or so he says. We have heard this for the past 4 trips.

Here is a picture that my mom received last week.
This is a well that my parents sponsored. It is 24 meters deep – hand dug to 18 meters, and drilled the final 6 meters. Imagine having to carry buckets of water back to your house.

It's time to sign off, watch Criminal Minds and get a few rows knit. Survivor was on while I was working. I didn't really follow but did see Colton pulling his garbage again. I hope he gets voted out soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
How much is the boottopper Soak box selling for?

Thanks!

Colleen