Saturday, October 10, 2026

Thanksgiving Dinner

I was with some knitting friends on Monday and we have decided to knit Mixed Tape from Wool & Pine (pattern purchased on Ravelry). I had the perfect yarn from my stash in my mind. It’s Rockshelter Sock which has been discontinued for some time - the top is all about stash diving.

I cast on and then realized that I should have more colours left over from a shawl. Guess what - the shawl isn’t finished.
I brought it out and should have it finished during the week. This is Joji’s Fading Point (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Fading Point is constructed from both ends towards the centre, and then both pieces are connected with triangles to achieve a seamless rectangle.  


Triangle one is finished and I’m working on the second one.
We’re full on ‘get ready for dinner’ mode at my house. We forgot a few things so Beth is at the grocery store and I hope she remembers everything. The turkey is going in the oven at 6am and then it’ll be time to tidy the house. Floors, toilets, yarn pile tidied, kitchen table cleaned off so we can eat….. Hopefully there will be a nap before everyone arrives.